Your pathway to serving an internship with Utah Advance begins with an application process involving three steps. (After each step is completed, the next step may be taken with the approval of the Utah Advance staff.)
- Application. Help us get to know you by filling out the initial application, including listing references.
- Survey. We will drill down on qualifications and other relevant issues based on your responses to the candidate survey.
- Interview. Once we have checked with your references, we will set up a face-to-face interview via Google Hangout, Skype, or FaceTime.
At the end of the application process, a successful applicant will be approved to candidate status. A candidate then follows these three steps to join us on the field.
- Internship Design. We will counsel with you about which track is most fitting, how long the internship will last, how it will be funded, what ministries you will be working with, where you will live, and related set-up and transition issues.
- Training. As you prepare to come, we will assign you to work through several resources that will prepare you for ministry in Utah. You will be assigned a mentor to start processing these resources with you. (More information about training and mentoring.)
- Funding. We will provide training and coaching to help you raise living expenses. You will be allowed to move to Utah to begin your ministry upon fulfilling minimal financial requirements. (More information about funding.)