2015 has been a productive year at Utah Advance! Here are some highlights.
- Led a weekly training cohort in biblical and theological studies through CB Matrix.
- Participated in monthly dialog meetings with teachers at local LDS Institute of Religion.
- Hosted the “Think Outside” workshop for local pastors to help churches succeed at reaching people far from God.
- Created a video curriculum series on Living in Utah, designed for small groups or Sunday school classes.
- Attended the Exponential Conference, the nation’s largest gathering of church planters and church planting leaders, in Tampa, Florida.
- Taught a 2-week module on Cults and Apologetics for CB Matrix.
- Organized the spring Church Planters Summit, and participated in panel on Facing Family Challenges.
- Participated in a panel at the Ethnic Ministries Summit on “Understanding your Latter-day Saint Neighbors.”
- Graduated a cohort of leaders with CB Matrix.
- Spoke at the Transitions Conference about navigating the relational journey from Mormonism to faith in Christ.
- Helped a church design a support group and curriculum for people transitioning from other faiths.
- Made progress on a new book: A Guide to Shepherding Former Mormons.
- Published the Jesus Without Joseph study guide as an electronic book available on Amazon Kindle.
- Organized the fall Church Planters Summit, and moderated a panel of veteran pastors on persevering in ministry in Utah.
- Counseled with several former and transitioning Mormons about their faith journey.
- Consulted with several church planters and pastors on areas of strategic and practical ministry.
- Translated past training seminars into web articles on utahadvance.org.
- Developed a multi-faceted internship program for young adults and others with an interest in cross-cultural ministry in Utah. Approved the first intern, who will be coming in February 2016.
- Prepared to teach a seminar and staff a booth at the Urbana Student Missions Conference in St.Louis, MO – December 27-31.