On March 24-25 I will speaking at River Oak Grace Community Church in Oakdale, California. If you are near the San Joaquin Valley, please come join us. Or if you are interested in scheduling a similar presentation at your church, let me know: email@example.com.
Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: “New Approaches in Engaging Mormonism”
With Mormonism prominently in the public eye, this seminar will review the changes and the constants in Mormon faith, analyzing current trends and developments to equip you with the most recent strategies for engaging Latter-day Saints with the gospel.
- Discover why it is important to understand Mormonism as more than just a belief system.
- Gain insight into how to share the good news of God’s grace in ways that sound like good news to Latter-day Saints.
- Learn how to help the people leaving Mormonism to find a new faith and a new spiritual home.
Sunday Morning Worship Services 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.: “Major Impact with Minor Offense” (Acts 19)
The preaching of the gospel had powerful fruit in Ephesus that affected the whole community. Yet Paul’s reputation was such that, in the eyes of the locals, he had not acted blasphemously toward what they held sacred. Thus it is possible to preach the gospel with eternal and culture-transforming effect while not creating unnecessary stumbling blocks.
Sunday 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: “Understanding Your Mormon Neighbor”
Those of us who know Latter-day Saints respect their family commitments and moral values, although we may question some of their core beliefs. Who are these people? What matters to them? How do they view us? How do they live out their lives? If we understand the values and practices of our LDS neighbors and friends, we can be better prepared to have meaningful faith conversations with them.
- Understand the powerful experiences that shape the Mormon identity.
- Explore the six core relationships that define Latter-day Saint life.
- Learn effective principles for communicating wisely with LDS friends and neighbors.